“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

have a slice of cake, ms. writer

I AM AAAAAAALMOST DONE FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hardly believe it! I just wrote my final French written exam (it went okay, if anyone was wondering), and then I just my oral exam tomorrow evening. Then regular school starts, but at least I'll have time to write for a few weeks before the essays and exams and blogging hiatuses begin again. And, honestly, I'll probably have more time for blogging/writing during regular exam time than the "free time" I had while studying for this French exam. I don't think I've ever had to study this hard for an exam.

That being said, it's time to answer a poll about writing from Anne-girl's new blog, Half Baked.


1. What is your favorite kind of cake? 
Rich chocolate cake with lots of rich chocolate-y frosting. But angel food cake would be next because it's so light and fluffy.

2. How long have you been writing? 
I started writing when I was almost eight years old.

3. Do you read books and blogs about writing? If so what are some of your favorites?
Oh definitely! I love to read other's work and writing tips are great, too! I love The Notebook Sisters (does that count since they write a lot more about books than writing?), Anne-girl's blog Scribblings of My Pen & Tappings of My Keyboard (and I'm sure I'll love her new blog), Scribblings of a Janeite (okay, maybe part of the reason is her beautiful WIP collages), and To Write Something Worth Reading.

4. Do you believe it's important to study writing as an art form? Why or why not?
I'm one of those people who read more for plot than style. However, I'm not going to enjoy something that is has errors in form. So, yes, I agree that studying writing as an art form is important.

5. Who's writing has influenced yours the most?
Tolkien's, of course.

6. Do you consider writing more important than food? Why or why not?
Well, that is a very difficult question, my friend. Especially since eating is one of my greater weaknesses. But to answer more seriously, food is essential for body. Writing creates literature which improves the mind. But I think to be able to enjoy literature, you have to be more than just alive - so I say food first, writing later.

7. Tell us the thing you are most excited about with your writing.
I love it when I am puzzling over in my mind how to get over a plot hole and I am doing something else (such as drying the dishes) and BAM! I have it! I can't stop grinning idiotically to myself from the excitement.

8. What are you dreading most in your writing?
Figuring out how to fix my loopholes, as well as copying another writer's work in my own and having to fix that.

9. Would you rather have people love your book now or be considered a genius after you are dead?
On first thought, I would say the former. But I think in the long run, the latter.


I will be talking to you all again soon, my lovely followers! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your answers, Alyianna! Number 6 shows a brilliantly practical mind, number 7 provided such a clear picture of a writer and could have been a description of myself, and number 9 had me chuckling over the wit of prefering the latter "in the long run."
    I am glad your French exam went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, why thank you! :) I think it did go well, so thank you for that as well. :)

      Delete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)